Mark Taylor Construction Advisory Services Ltd. is a boutique advisory firm for contractors that comes with 30 years of front line industry experience. It was born as a result of having seen a significant need for contracting companies to have a trusted, experienced advisor to whom they could turn to improve the performance and profitability of their companies. Being a small company allows me to be flexible and agile, tailoring a selection of services to best bring value to my clients.
I have been fortunate in my career to have worked with some of the biggest and best contractors in Canada (and internationally) – this has exposed me to business management techniques and systems that are proven to increase operating efficiencies, minimize costs, and maximize profitability. I am able to use this knowledge and experience to help contractors (both specialty trade and general) realize the true potential of their company.
Helping contractors be more profitable by sharing the unique knowledge base and experience I have gained running and operating construction businesses.
To significantly increase my clients’ net operating profit margins through:
- Building stronger management systems and processes
- Optimizing systems for effectiveness to reduce waste
- Creating rigour in systems implementation and use
- Providing measurements to monitor improvement and compliance
- Developing more capable staff
- Increasing the in-house knowledge base
- Improving the collection & sharing of institutional / corporate knowledge
- Training on key execution areas
- Encouraging different thinking
- On leveraging technology
- On how to build
- On procuring projects
- Increasing the value they can bring to their clients
- Increased value = increased price
- Consistent and reliable delivery
- Solving problems with an unconventional mindset
My Big Hairy Audacious Goal:
To shatter the glass ceiling of what is currently acceptable as a profit margin for contractors, while maintaining (and even increasing) their competitiveness.
“Mark brought his deep experience and analytical talents to our firm to help identify a strategic need to enhance our service offering. We appreciated his ability to listen to our needs from many different perspectives in our company and guidance on implementing recommendations to improve. We have seen tangible results from his business process improvements.”
Stewart Story, Principal – Story Construction